I am excited to announce that The Conservative Mommy was nominated for the Liebster Award on June 18, 2015!!
This award is given to up and coming bloggers as a way to showcase talent.
Big thanks to My Simplified Life for the nomination! Please see the award here.
Here are the questions My Simplified Life asked:
- What’s your favorite meal to eat?
Chocolate is my favorite THING to eat.
My favorite meal would be…..oh, I can’t choose! I love a good pot roast but I also love food from a variety of cultures. Vietnamese food, Greek food, Cuban food, Mexican food…I want it all!
2. Cook or takeout/go out?
Cook for sure.
Unless, of course, it’s in one of the cultural food groups above! It’s best to leave it to the pros!
- What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
Look at my little girl.
She normally wakes us up with what my husband and I affectionately and tiredly refer to as “the party.” A giggling, kicking, squealing event that begins every morning (and sometimes interrupts the night).
- Who is your favorite movie star?
Ehh. I am not good at the celebrity questions.
Really…I just don’t pay attention.
I can’t even think of the name of one I really like right now.
I’m going to skip this one simply because if I named a movie star it would be completely made-up. So, my genuine answer is “not applicable.”
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
Dead or alive? I’m going to go with both; dead in His human form but alive in me. Yes, I’m talking about Jesus. I’d love to just spend moments in the presence of His human form.
This IS everyone’s answer right? I mean Jesus? The Jesus.
I’d want to sit in His presence and absorb his teaching or sit with him at a wedding and drink the wine (which was once water).
- Why do you blog?
I have worked with families for the past 10 years and love it.
I want to be able to be at home with my child but continue to help others.
I blog to share with parents and help families in the same way I have in my career.
- What do you value most in life?
Love, which is completely dynamic, complex, and layered within itself.
But true love— the kind that is genuine, trustworthy and honest. The love that is not boastful nor proud nor envious. You know—the one that is patient and kind?
I value Love.
- What does a normal day in your life look like?
A normal day? Do people have these? I don’t and haven’t in some time. But I do vaguely remember “normal days…”
My days are long and end late. My days are inconsistent and are full of unexpected events. My days are never the same—never normal.
My days are full.
I am a mom.
- What would you do today if you knew you wouldn’t fail?
Take bigger risks. Travel more. Never hold back.
Oh my, so much! If I wouldn’t fail? Really?!
If I would not fail, I would live bolder without restrictions…which is crazy because I am pretty bold as is!
- 10. Where was your best vacation?
My honeymoon in the Poconos is my current best.
It was so great to simply relax after such a stressful period of time. (We got married, bought a house, and I graduated with my MSW in the same year!)
And when I say relax I mean we did NOTHING (which never happens.)
We slept A LOT
I have a sister… and an aunt that like animals more than people. Not me. I like people.
I like my dog and have no interest in cats…I think they must be an acquired taste like beer (which I don’t like either).
So onto the nominees! (You will want to check out these blogs!)
Here are the 11 up and coming bloggers I would like to pass the baton to (drum roll please!):
Mommy needs a Dr. Pepper
The Crunchy Mommy
XO, Mrs. Slem
That Coffee Addicted Girl
This is how it works:
Here are your 11 questions:
1. One thing that is often difficult to evaluate through writing is temperament. What is your temperament type?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. Who is one person who has impacted your life the most?
4. What do you think is the best way to teach children about morals and values?
5. What is your favorite organized sport?
6. What is one thing you wish you had the guts to do but just can’t?
7. What is your favorite thing about your home town?
8. What are your blogging goals?
9. How do you plan on meeting your blogging goals?
10. Can you tell us a secret? Something no one knows?
11. What is your favorite post? It couldn’t be written by you OR someone else. Link us up!
Congrats to the Liebster award recipients and thanks again to Michelle from My Simplified Life!!